Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 2

Study break time!

So maybe I will try to update here weekly. But for me to do that I need to know people are reading so leave me some comments folks!

Monday I cooked. A LOT! I made 4 different hamburger meat dishes in about an hour! I now have nearly a month's worth of frozen meals! Tuesday night I cooked up some chicken marinated in terioki sauce and froze another 5 meals! All I have to do is boil the food and cook noodles or get out something for a side dish and dinner is done! And I have found some of my portions have been more than one meal's worth so that has been fun and exciting too! If you can't tell I am totally in love with the idea of not having to actually cook which you will see why in the following paragraph.

This week I have basically determined I am going to be a recluse for the semester! Basically I go to class and then to the library between class then home to read. I have done really well so far keeping up with the reading for classes and may actually get to start some of my papers this week since I am about to start reading some more to get ahead for the week!

Thursday I met Jesse and the train club guys for dinner but didnt go to the club for work night. I was really overwhelmed with everything on Wednesday so I took an extra couple hours to study instead of going to the club. But dinner was a nice break. Friday afternoon I went to the local Animal Shelter to play with the puppies with Abby for a little study break. Then I came back home and worked on some assignments for my online class. Around 6 I went to listen to my friend Emily talk about her month in China this summer teaching English. The host home was BEAUTIFUL! There were about 6 of our close friends and it was great to do a little exploring arond the grounds and in the house also. There was a little room built into the house specifically as a little doll house for thier daughter off the bonus room! So cute! Anyhow it was amazing to spend some time just enjoying being around friends and learning more and more about each other.

Jesse came down yesterday and we ran around on some errands when he first got here. He actually wanted to go back to the train club after it was closed to the public to get some more work done on the major bridge to nowhere that has been the bain of n-scale folk's existance. So I went with him and studied while he was working. It was actually a really nice place to go and study.

Today I have been studying most of the day but it hasn't been too bad. I'm about to get back to it YAY!

This coming weekend I am actually excited to go do training at a theraputic horse riding place so I can do some service learning for one of my classes. I am sure I will have some interesting things to tell you all next week!

So you all need to comment if you want this to keep up. I mean I am a psych major still and reinforcement is a good motivation for behavior :)

So until next week,
E

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here! :)

SewFun said...

Mommy is here also. Love the updates and love you too.

Jill said...

Comment following:


Love that you have updated a good bit lately! It's great to hear what all you did for the summer, and to see that I did get to be involved in some of it at least! Have fun with the new study habits and keep up the good work. I'm so proud of you!!! Love you bunches!
Aunt Jill