Sunday, May 16, 2010

So...

Well it has been a while. And I hear that there are still some people out there who check over here every once in a while so here is an update.


This semester has FLOWN by. I'd say main points are Spring Break, Relay, and end of the year at this point and of course a Jesse update.

So Spring Break I went home and Aunt Jill met Mom and I in Chattanooga to visit the penguins...I mean Aquarium :) We had a great time! I think I took over 50 pictures of the penguins alone! It was a good thing too...my batteries died shortly after that so that was pretty much the only exhibit I got lots of pictures of. Jesse came down Friday of Spring Break so it was good to all just spend time together enjoying each other's presence!

Relay for Life was AMAZING!!!! This year I did not make a grand post beforehand because frankly I was wrapped up in the planning stages and school and everything else going on to have time to update here too. Let me just say again Relay was AMAZING! Mom, Aunt Jill, Nanny, and Mama Sue all were able to come and share in the event with me which was just so amazing! I was co-team development chair this year and I loved it! I had a great co-chair and we worked so well together! It was great to actually be able to ENJOY the event this year. Since I was in charge of teams my job was pretty much over once the event officially started so I was able to just spend time at the campsite and enjoy the different things going on. It was great to be able to form relationships with so many different team captains to make a great event! Not only was I on the Committee but I also Co-Captained a team with Jillian again. Again our team raised an increadible amount of money and again were able to have electricity because of that total. Overall by the night of the event we had raised over $36,000 towards our goal of $46,000 and we still have until August to raise the rest! If you would like to make a donation you can go to relayforlife.org/etsu. You should be able to search for me or this year there are some awesome t-shirts that are for sale which you will find some information about that as well at the bottom of the main page. So anyway Relay was great and moving on...

Let me just say again this semester FLEW by! I finished it off well and I am so glad that it is over. it was challenging but I actually enjoyed many of my classes and learned a lot!

Enough of that I know you all just come here for the Jesse updates...just kidding! But anyway we are still going strong. It has been a little more difficult this semester to figure out when we can acutally see each other but I did figure out that train club is where its at on Thursday nights! All kidding aside we were able to work on one of the layouts that Jesse is coordinator of for a couple months and it looks really great if I do say so myself. The train club guys now always look for me if Jesse goes alone. If you are ever in JC maybe we can go see all the layouts they have setup.

Well I think that is about it for now. Maybe I will be back sometime over the summer but if not keep checking in I will be back sometime!

Until then!
E

1 comments:

Jill said...

Well, I just happened to go out and check today and you posted yesterday. Perfect timing! Glad you finished the semester strong! Love you bunches!! And sorry I'll be missing you this weekend. Hope to see you soon though.

Aunt Jill