Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fall Creek Falls

Hey!

You came back! I just couldn't help myself. Today's installment is Fall Creek Falls (or Creek Fall Falls if you are a certain 4 year old)

Anywho I went on the yearly trip to FCF the first week of July. It was great! It was awesome to spend time in nature with family having a great time! With 4 boys from 4 months to 6 years old there was NEVER a dull moment! Add 4 cabins full of friends and family and there was always somewhere to go or something to do. On the 4th of July after a late lunch/early dinner cookout we went down the cable climb. I didnt get to do that last year so it was great to get back down there. In case you are wondering what in the world is the cable climb, it is a pretty tough hike where many points you have to hold on to a cable to get down safely. Turns out the cable is only so helpful. I ended up slipping and scraping both legs up down at the bottom of the hike. I didnt get really hurt just a little scary to be slipping with stories I have heard. Oh yea, there is a beautiful water fall at the bottom of the hike which is the main reward for getting down there.

There was also a lot of card game playing, movie watching, and kid chasing. One evening I went out on the lake in a Kayak which was so much fun! I liked that a lot better than canoeing. It feels a lot harder to tip the boat over which was very good for me!

From the Parade to hiking to just sitting outside visiting with friends and family Fall Creek Falls did not disapoint!

Come back Thursday for Pigeon Forge trip #2

0 comments: