Friday, May 29, 2009

Rusty

It is sad for me to type that we had to put Rusty to sleep this week. I got him as a present for my 14th birthday. 
When he was about a year old he began having seizures and we had to give him 2 different types of medicine twice a day. The medicine made him hungry all the time :) 

This was a pain at times but he was a good old boy. The amounts of medication caused his liver to fail and there was nothing we could do to help him. He was not in pain in the end and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful I had the chance to spend some extra time with him last weekend on an unexpected trip home. I will miss his little pitter patter on the hardwood floors at home but he is better off now. 

Love you sweet boy. 

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo sorry!!! :(:(:(

Jill said...

You almost made me cry! Chevy is especially going to miss him when we're up there visiting. Since they were about the same size, they could wrestle all over the house.