Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Hello all!


I have a few minutes of "free" time before heading to bed so I thought I would check in here. So since we last spoke, Christmas break has come and gone, I have had a birthday, and classes started back! Whew that is a lot!

First with Christmas break. I was able to go home for all of break and it was lovely to have some time away from classes! Mom and I went to FL again this year as usual to spend about a week with Nanny, Pa, Aunt Jill, and Uncle Duane. Dad wasn't able to come due to work projects but he did take off when we got home. I was actually really excited to have time to spend just the three of us! I went on a couple campus visits for Nursing School in the middle TN area so we will have to see where that goes. Oh yea, everyone except Aunt Jill ended up sick at some point around Christmas/ New Year's but we all survived.

This year ETSU gave me the BEST birthday present EVER!!! Classes started on it :( Oh well, I guess the last semester of my (first) BS degree is enough of a gift. Speaking of classes, they have been INTENSE!! I feel like I am back in High School. I go in around 8:15 and leave between 3:30 and 4:30 most days. It is interesting to get used to that is for sure. I should survive alright I just need to have my books actually arrive which is a WHOLE different story!

Last thing I have time for tonight, my birthday! I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!! This year Jesse was able to come down on my birthday which was the first time I was able to see him since BEFORE break! We went by the train club where one of the guys had gotten me a cupcake so they all sang to me. They are just too cute! Then we went out to dinner at O'Charley's which was fantastic! Since the weekend after my bday just happened to be MLK weekend I had my friends party Sunday night. I made a crock pot full of chili and a cake and cupcakes! Before you go asking "now why would you work so hard for your own birthday party?" let me just say I had a blast making everything! I actually had several friends over Saturday to "help" make cake...and icing (which turned into a HUGE deal). We'll just leave it at there was LOTS OF ICING! Sunday after we ate we just played games. I had SUCH a great time and I am glad everyone was able to come!

So I think that about wraps up the update for tonight. I am going to try to play with the background and such since it is still Christmas but no promises it will be how I want it by bed time.

Until next post,
E

0 comments: