Friday, March 27, 2009

Aunt Jill's Guest Post

OK, so I know that even if I ever tried to start and maintain a blog, it would fall by the wayside in the first week. But I have had an experience tonight that I think is blog-worthy, so I’ve asked Elizabeth to let me do a guest post.

As some of you may know, my sister and Elizabeth’s mom, Lisa, is a Pampered Chef consultant. Through her I have discovered what may be one of the greatest inventions ever made! It’s called the mix ‘n chop and here is what it did for me tonight. I’m not typically a cook, it’s just easier for my husband and I to eat out. We have different tastes and he’s a pretty picky eater. He’s a meat and potatoes kind of guy, if you will. But I’ve been on a kick this week and I have cooked dinner for the last three nights. That is a record for me, and especially the fact that I have cooked and even cleaned up after myself each night! HA!

Tonight was meatloaf night. I love the stuff but don’t usually make it because it is so messy, digging your hands in that raw meat and eggs and other yucky stuff that ends up tasting so good. But tonight I got out my trusty mix ‘n chop and used that to blend everything together. I then was able to spoon the mixture into my mini-loaf pan and not once did my hands have to even touch the raw meat, much less dig into it! The mini-loafs I think are pure genius too, as the cooking time was much less and it was great for portion control. Now I have some other loaves that I can either take for lunch or freeze for dinner another night.

And so, I have entered into the blogging world. If you want to order your own mix ‘n chop, leave a response to Elizabeth on here and she can get your info to Lisa. The mix ‘n chops are around $10 so not a huge investment for such a wonderful tool. Add shipping and tax to that, but still a great deal! Here’s a link to the Pampered Chef website with a photo and description too. Hope you have fun with it!!! https://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=15658&words=mix%20n%20chop

Thanks, Elizabeth, for letting me guest-post. Maybe you’ll see me here again occasionally. Bye for now!

0 comments: